An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in america in 2017, in accordance with a Pew Research Center analysis of this U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this profile that is statistical those who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian origin; this can include immigrants from Colombia and the ones whom trace their loved ones ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians are the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic origin located in america, accounting for just two% for the U.S. Hispanic population in 2017. Since 2000, the Colombian-origin population has increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million on the duration. The colombian foreign-born population living in the U.S. grew by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017 at the same time. In comparison, Mexicans, the nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin team, constituted bestadultsites.org/uberhorny-review 36.6 million, or 62%, regarding the Hispanic populace in 2017.
Colombian-origin population within the U.S., 2000-2017
|Year||international born||U.S. created|
Pew Analysis Center
The after key points compare demographic and financial traits for the population that is colombian-origin the U.S. using the characteristics of U.S. Hispanics as well as the U.S. populace overall. It really is centered on Pew Research Center tabulations regarding the 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics into the U.S., about 33% are international created, in contrast to 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians are typically in the U.S. for over twenty years, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have developed at the very least a bachelorвЂ™s level, compared to 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians many years 25 and older, the U.S. born tend to be more most likely compared to the international born to have bachelorвЂ™s degree or more (42% vs. 30%).
- The median annual personal earnings for those ages 16 and older was $25,000, compared with $28,600 for Colombians among U.S. hispanics.
- Taking a look at full-time, year-round employees, U.S. Hispanics received lower than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics who reside in poverty (19%) is more than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, because do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) is comparable to the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians within the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than international born (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The Colombian populace is focused in Florida (31%), ny (14%) and nj (12%).
- The median age of U.S. Hispanics (29) is gloomier than that of Colombians (37) plus the U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less inclined to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians many years 18 and older, those people who are international created are more inclined to be hitched compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. women that are hispanic 15 to 44 gave delivery into the year before the July 2017 United states Community Survey. The price for Colombian ladies ended up being 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older talk just English in the home or talk English at the least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Likewise, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, because are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Down load the information
Other U.S. fact that is hispanic
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin group-specific reality sheets:
Pew Research CenterвЂ™s reality sheets on U.S. Latinos and the associated we we blog post examine the Latino populace associated with the United States general and also by its 15 origin groups that are largest вЂ” Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorans, Cubans, Dominicans, Guatemalans, Colombians, Hondurans, Spaniards, Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Nicaraguans, Venezuelans, Argentines and Panamanians. These sheets offer detailed geographical, demographic and characteristics that are economic all Latinos as well as each Latino origin team. They truly are centered on Pew analysis Center tabulations of this U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s 2010, 2015 and 2017 American Community Survey (ACS) as well as the 2000 U.S. census that is decennial.
The ACS could be the household survey that is largest in america, with an example greater than 3 million details. It covers the topics previously covered within the long type of the decennial census. The ACS was created to offer estimates of this size and traits regarding the resident population, which include people residing in households and team quarters. For lots more details about the ACS, like the sampling strategy and connected error, start to see the 2010, 2015 or 2017 United states Community SurveyвЂ™s Accuracy Statement supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The particular information sources of these reality sheets will be the 1% types of the 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) Integrated Public utilize Microdata Series (IPUMS) supplied by the University of Minnesota together with 5% test for the 2000 census that is decennial. IPUMS assigns uniform codes, towards the degree feasible, to information gathered by the census that is decennial the ACS from 1850 to 2017. To find out more about IPUMS, including adjustable meaning and sampling mistake, please go to the вЂњIPUMS Documentation and consumer Guide.вЂќ
Because of variations in the method by which IPUMS and Census Bureau adjust earnings data and designate poverty status, information supplied on these subjects might change from information which are supplied by the Census Bureau.