by Keith Cousins and Elizabeth Naismith Picciani , Columbia Journalism Investigations
Columbia Journalism Investigations and ProPublica analyzed significantly more than 150 incidents of intimate attack involving dating apps, culled from 10 years of news reports, civil legal actions and police records. Read our findings.
WeвЂ™re perhaps not done digging. Now we truly need YOUR tale.
Are you afflicted with intimate physical violence after making use of Match, OKCupid, Tinder or other app that is dating? Even although you didnвЂ™t report it, please fill down our study.
Concerns? Contact our reporters at: email protected .
We require as much tales from dating app users as you are able to. Share this together with your family and friends.
- Your data shall never be published without your authorization.
- The study will just just take about seven minutes.
- You are able to elect to enable a reporter to make contact with you.
For those who have been afflicted with intimate attack and want help that is confidential help, please phone the nationwide Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-4673 to speak with a tuned staff user from the nearby team that can help victims of intimate attack.
Keith Cousins can be an investigative reporter working for Columbia Journalism Investigations. E-mail him at email protected and follow him on Twitter @KeithJCousins.
Elizabeth Naismith Picciani is an investigative reporter for Columbia Journalism Investigations. Email her at email protected and follow her on Twitter @ElizabethPicc.
Latest Tales from ProPublica
Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have to hold back in Line all night? Their Numbers Have Soared, and Their Polling Places Have Actually Dwindled.
Whom Decides Whenever Vaccine Studies Are Complete? Internal Documents Show Fauci Plays an integral Part.
Electionland: Absentee Vote Tracking, Drop Boxes, Poll Watchers and much more
PennsylvaniaвЂ™s Rejection of 372,000 Ballot Applications Bewilders Voters and Strains Election Staff
Republish This whole story free of charge
Thank you for the desire for republishing this tale. You’re are absolve to republish it provided that the following is done by you:
- You must credit us. When you look at the byline, we choose вЂњAuthor Name, ProPublica.вЂќ near the top of the text of one’s story, consist of a relative line that checks out: вЂњThis tale ended up being initially posted by ProPublica.вЂќ You need to connect the term вЂњProPublicaвЂќ to your URL that is original of tale.
- If youвЂ™re republishing online, you have to connect to the Address with this whole tale on propublica.org, consist of most of the links from our tale, including our publication join language and website link, and utilize our PixelPing label.
- If you are using canonical metadata, please use the ProPublica Address. To find out more about canonical metadata, view here.
- You canвЂ™t edit our product, except to mirror changes that are relative time, location and editorial design. (as an example, вЂњyesterdayвЂќ may be changed to вЂњlast week,вЂќ and вЂњPortland, Ore.вЂќ to вЂњPortlandвЂќ or вЂќ that isвЂњhere
- You simply can’t republish our photographs or pictures without certain authorization. Please contact email protected .
- It is ok to place our tales on pages with advertisements, not adverts especially offered against our tales. You canвЂ™t state or imply donations to your business help ProPublicaвЂ™s work.
- You canвЂ™t offer our product individually or syndicate it. This consists of publishing or syndicating our work with platforms or apps such as for instance Apple Information, Bing News, etc.
- You canвЂ™t republish our product wholesale, or immediately; you will need to choose tales to individually be republished. (to ask about syndication or certification possibilities, contact my explanation our Vice President of company developing, Celeste LeCompte.)
- You canвЂ™t make use of our work to populate a site made to enhance ranks on the search engines or entirely to get income from network-based adverts.
- We usually do not generally allow interpretation of y our tales into another language.
- Any website our stories show up on must include a prominent and way that is effective contact you.
- In the event that you share republished tales on social media, weвЂ™d appreciate being tagged in your articles. We’ve formal records for ProPublica and ProPublica Illinois on both Twitter and Twitter.
Copy and paste the next into the web web page to republish: